December 1 - 15:
- India's biggest and best film event, the 12th International Film Festival of Kerala came to a wildly successful conclusion on the 14th, attended by over 9000 delegates from across the world who saw almost 250 films from all corners of the globe.
- The Govt. notified the remaining 250 acres of the massive Technocity project, thus clearing the way for physical acquisition of the 450 acres of land for Kerala's largest IT project, estimated to cost a whopping Rs 6,000 Crores ($ 1.5 Billion).
- The submission date for the Vizhinjam deep-sea port was extended to Jan 31, 2008 to accommodate requests from bidders, including top international firms, for more time to complete their feasibility studies.
- Nitesh Estates, a leading Bangalore-based builder, has announced a 600,000 sq.ft mall in Trivandrum, in association with a Citibank arm. This comes close on the heels of Unitech's announcement of its mall project in Trivandrum.
- Air India has issued the call for tenders for constructing their MRO Facility at Trivandrum, with a stipulated completion time of October/November 2008.
- Meanwhile, AAI has called for tenders for the construction of the Second Phase of the New International Terminal of the airport and the project is slated for completion in November 2008, along with the First Phase. AAI has preponed Phase II work in light of the tremendous traffic growth at Trivandrum.
- Berggruen Hotels has announced the establishment of their Hospitality institute in Trivandrum. The US hotel operator is currently building their first property in India in Trivandrum.